Saturday, September 19, 2015

Time: 2337 UTC
Latitude: 65° 39.393' N
Longitude: 58° 27.426' W
Conditions: Rock'n and Roll'n (2-3 m seas and 21 kt winds)

At the moment we are on a southeast heading steaming at a steady 11 kts.  We hope to arrive on the western most portion of  the Northern Labrador Sea Line by ~11 am on the 20th of September.  Four days of intense 24 hour CTD operations will see us arrive in Nuuk on the 25th of September.  I'm looking forward to a few more days of deck operations. I've learned a great deal from the crew and scientists aboard the ship. I'd like to take an early opportunity to extend my thanks to everyone for making me feel so at home on the Atlantis.
That little red triangle is us and we are heading towards the western end of the Northern Labrador Sea Line.  We are on the home stretch!

Gumby and Pokey enjoy a ride on the Gas Chromatograh (happy Dave?).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment