Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Viewer Comments!!

Time: 0414 UTC
Latitude: 68° 19.006' N
Longitude: 61° 12.718' W
Conditions: I can't see!!! (Oh wait, just thick fog, sorry!)

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I had some great comments from Brian Petrie, an Emeritus Scientist at the Bedford Institute of Oceanography in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.  Brian wanted a regular updated cruise track. Good point Brian, and something I should have done before now!  Below is the cruise track as of the end of the 16th of September, 2015.  You can see we started in Nuuk, headed north to Disko Bay and then west along the Mooring Line and from west to east on the Northern Line. I'll try to have regular updates of the cruise track on the blog from now on:

Current location of the Atlantis (red triangle) and the cruise track (blue) since the beginning of the trip on September 6th until
September 16th, 2015
Brian also suggested that I produce some section plots for temperature and salinity.  I've provided a section plot below for the Northern Line (stations 1 through 10).  I've asked Brian (and others) to provide some interpretation of the plots and I'll make another post with their comments as soon as they are provided.

Interpolated contour plots for the Norther Line for the stations completed as of September 16, 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment